Wednesday, August 24, 2011

kitchen reno: week 7

Well friends,
still no kitchen sink.
BUT,
we did score some free laundry room shelves, courtesy of my Pop!
Thanks, Dad, for the awesome shelving that will allow my OCD self to have a spot for all things 'laundry' related, as well as the lovely containers that hold my spray paint, light bulbs, and extension cords.



There's even a rod for hanging clothes (super pumped about that).
And no, I didn't stay up all night organizing all things 'laundry' so my shelves aren't pretty yet, but that's coming. I also scored some vinyl on Pick Your Plum the other day, so the inside of the laundry room will be getting one sweet makeover soon.
Have you heard?
I have a laundry room.
A ROOM, I tell ya...
{happy dance commencing again}

In other kitchen news, I've been looking at fabrics to use in the space and have  lots of beautiful options.
Here are my faves:

found HERE

found HERE

found HERE

found HERE

found HERE

found HERE

found HERE

Whatcha think?
Any favorites among those?
In the beginning, I was dead set on using only turquoise and white in the space,
but now that I've had a chance to really think about it, the last 3 options are in the lead. I've still have a little time to think about window treatments and banquette cushions and whatnot, but at least I'm narrowing down my search a bit.

And...
in other news entirely,


I didn't mention Design Star yesterday.
Can you believe they sent 2 people home?
To be honest, I really thought Meg was gettin' the boot.
What on earth was she doing with her time?
She had 2 quasi-rooms!
Karl had the entire master and was able to accomplish several projects within his space. Mark had 2 entire rooms, and big ones at that. The dining room and living room looked fab. Loved the records on the wall.
How was it that Meg's spaces (foyer & stair landing) were so incredibly sparse and really not finished?
If you're throwing pillows on the floor when time is called, you ain't done.
Glad Kelly got to stay, but when all the kid asked for was bunk beds, maybe she should have bought some bunk beds.
Am I right?

For those of you who watch Design Star,
what were your thoughts?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...